Monday, January 02, 2017

Fastest downhill wheelchair you'll ever see, Stacy Kohut's mountain biking 4 wheeler






as long as the high center of gravity doesn't cause a tip over, everything's going to be cool.



It’s a 6.5-inch suspension travel gravity buggy made of chromoly, which he takes out between two to 12 runs a day, three of four days a week.

This season at Whistler, he went through four sets of four wheels, four sets of four tires, two pair of handlebars, eight sets of brake pads, 10 pairs of gloves, a couple helmets, three jerseys, some pants, two kidney belts

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/whistler-four-wheel-fury-stacy-kohut-video-2016.html
http://www.redbull.com/us/en/bike/stories/1331832624347/four-wheel-mountain-bike-stacy-kohut

2 comments:

  1. As I get closer and close to a wheelchair I'm looking for alternatives to "just a wheelchair"
    This looks like such a rush. I'm 66 and I'd love to do it. I have nothing to loose but life. And I feel like that is already gone without some changes.
    Love this guy. I grew up the same way. Parents gone at 20 and I had to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a electric wheelchair mechanic for about a half a year, and since then, have planned on making a wheelchair that places the person much higher, so your eyeline is closer to where it was when walking. This does place the center of gravity higher, and will be something to consider when cornering, but I also don't plan on going very fast - so that might not be a problem.
      I also will likely work in a simple stair climbing 3 wheel on a single axle adaptor that would engage with the drive wheels with a lever activation. (like that cargo dolly I just posted last week)
      Certainly not a downhill racer, much more a city rig.
      But this down hill racer looks like a must do also! Now and then getting out and having fun heading down hill would be a thrill.
      I also have loved the cater pillar tracked small electric wheelchairs, but I'd rather go small gas engine, for far longer travelling excursions

      Delete