Thursday, October 29, 2015

well... isn't having a phrase like "in god we trust" on top of a license plate just asking for it to be mocked? Well played Wombat person!


I'd seriously try to get "Satan" on my plate... but I'm just the type of person to push back at religious bullshit on government issued legally required registration plates.

I refer of course, to the constitutional freedom from govt sponsored religion in the USA as stated in it's foundational paper, I find that stating the notion of the govt trusting in a god to be contradictory to that constitutional freedom, and all common sense and realistic observation that our, and most, governments have no trust in anything but money, corruption, kickbacks to election donors, and making rich people richer. 

4 comments:

  1. It would appear that's a Virginia plate. The "government issued, legally required plate" is one of 200 specialty plates available in Virginia. Not sure but I think they cost extra. The standard plate does not have that " religious bullshit" on it. it would appear that the owner paid extra for the privilege of "pushing back" against those who do indeed "trust in God"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good info and perspective! thanks!

      Delete
  2. Point of fact..."separation of church and state..." If that's what you're referring to when you said,"...the constitutional freedom from govt sponsored religion in the USA as stated in it's foundational paper,..."
    you should know that separation between church and state is NOT in the Declaration of Independence, or in the Constitution. That was actually in a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to the Danesboro church attempting to qwell the church's fears of a state established religion, like that of England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point of fact, I wrote specifically what I wanted to say the way I wanted to say it and did not say the phrase seperation of church and state for the very specific reason that I know it is not in the constitution... but the words "Freedom of religion" are right there in front, so important that they were put in the very first ammendment "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." ergo: the USA govt can not establish religion, nor be a part of a religion... nor interfere in the freedom of its citizens from govt religion. So, that is why I said "that constitutional freedom" . I thought all my readers would understand.

      Delete