Friday, August 22, 2014

Of all the things that irritate me, this really pushes my button. An endless string of appreciative tumblrs running my photo, and not crediting me as photographer, nor getting the name Parnelli Jones spelled right. Idiots!


Above found on http://outsidethecubicle.tumblr.com/post/91605614423/musclecardreaming-parnelli-jones-ford-with-a#notes

Here's my original photo below, just to prove I took the photo. At the Escondido cruise night that is a Friday night event all summer long, just about 30 minutes north of San Diego.

From the post I did in 2008: http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2008/04/this-awesome-mustang-now-has-dedicated.html

And since the first guy to copy my photo didn't bother adding a note to his Tumblr post, none of the rest of the people that reposted it could learn where the car and hauler were from, who make them, and eventually, that Wes sold them. Neither of these are more than 10 years old, Wes had a passion for the project were he envisioned having a Boss 302 just like Parnelli drove, on a race car hauler that would be a perfect match.

I took galleries of this car and hauler several times, and you can see all the detail photos, if you like, by clicking on this link: http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/search/label/Les%20Werling%27s%20recreation%20of%20the%20Parnelli%20Jones%20SCCA%20Mustang

the truck started out looking like this:

and Muscle Car Review even featured the combo hauler and race car in the July 2008 issue

and update Feb 2019, I just found a photo taken at the same time of it from across the street




https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/random-picture-thread.1159350/page-16

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:31 PM

    After looking at your own tumblrs I have to wonder how irritated you are with yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh? Well whoever you are when you are home, you find the courage to put your name with your comment, and we can discuss my philosophy on crediting photos between this site, and my tumblrs. Til then? You just have yourself a good day, bless your heart

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:22 AM

    Your philosophy? Don't you mean your hypocrisy ? You rant about others not giving credit in their tumblrs while you do the same. As for questioning my courage because my name is not attached, two points - I prefer a level of anonymity on the web for security reasons and this in no way invalidates my point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. two points, is that as many as you could create? You wasted your time, "security reasons" is such adolescent egotisitcal bullshit. You seem to imagine yourself a superhero who needs a secret identity? How childish. If I'm anywhere close to guessing how twisted and feeble your grasp of reality is, discussing anything with you would be as useless as trying to pinch water. Security reasons... what a load. People with "security reasons" don't troll the internet commenting on car websites you nimrod

      Delete
    2. Anonymous6:27 PM

      Why such hostility? I have simply asked about the duality of saying how irritated you are when others do something that you, yourself are also guilty of and instead of addressing the question you hurl epitaphs at me. I thought the purpose of having comments available was to facilitate intelligent discussion. Perhaps next you could insult my mother or grandchildren instead of actually replying to the subject at hand.

      Delete
    3. You're not very bright, so I'll repeat myself: Whoever you are when you are home, you find the courage to put your name with your comment, and we can discuss my philosophy on crediting photos between this site, and my tumblrs. Til then? You just have yourself a good day, bless your heart

      Delete